First our computer was blocking me out of blogger for quite awhile, but with our fantasy football draft under way we had to take care of it. Both this site and our draft site run through google, so it simply had to be accessible. Jeff made it happen, so we're back!
The beach was awesome this year. I was there for two weeks (from June 28 through July 12), one week with Patsy, one of my mother-in-laws, and the second week with Jeff, Vernon, Patsy, my Dad, Sher, Willy, Abby, Alex, my mom, and Odie. It was so much fun. My siblings purchased tons of fireworks that they put off and made the night very entertaining. There was a lot of laughter going on that was for sure.
Secondly, our summer honey-do-list of burdens is complete. We painted the basement, built a wall for AJ's room that is now in the basement, painted his new room, power washed and stained our deck and fence. Whew. It was a task, but we got it all done.
Jeff had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee on the 22nd. He is doing well. Healing up quite nicely. I think once it heals and he is able to run, ride bikes, and play basketball again he will be so glad that the had it taken care of. He is at football practice right now, quite the trooper. He has also taken a new job at the regional detention center as the Post-D teacher. He is now an 11 month employee instead of a 10 month employee. He goes back to work August 2. That will definitely be different, but he is looking forward to the change.
And, we found out we are having a boy! I am very excited and Jeff is elated. Another football player in training. I hope he has red hair. We have to get the nursery ready, but
that is fun stuff! All the names I like, Jeff dislikes and all the names he likes, I am not to fond of. So, I guess when he makes his appearance around Thanksgiving he will have a name.
Here are a few pictures from our summer events to enjoy!






No comments:
Post a Comment