Monday, August 10, 2009

Honeymoon

Jeff and I went on our nine day honeymoon from July 26th to August 4th with our good friends Carrie and Dave, Bill and Candace, and Dave's parents. We had an absolute blast. What a great way to see four fabulous places, eat wonderful food, and enjoy time together for a reasonable price. We left Brooklyn with great views of the Statue of Liberty and cruised down the coast for two days before our first stop in Grand Turk. We all went on a snorkeling excursion while shaking our booties that Jesus gave us on the way out. The water was a pristine turquoise and the coral was bright cobalt blue. Then afterward the shipmates were filling or glasses with Rum Swizzle a.k.a Love potion number 9. Needless to say Carrie, Nancy (Dave's mother), and I were swizzled. Carrie and I turned into the woo girls and it was a blast. After getting back on the ship I slept for a good three hours and it was on to more fun that evening. Our next stop was San Juan, Puerto Rico. We did a little sight seeing, which included the Bacardi Rum Factory and more free rum. One thing about San Juan--feeling hot hot hot. It is a scorcher there. Then we moved on to St. Thomas, the beautiful island of the iguana. We shopped in the neatest part of town filled with little brick alcoves and beautiful jewelry. After that, a short taxi ride to Emerald Beach to swim and drink a little more. Jeff enjoyed the local Blackbeard Ale and we all enjoyed the crystal clear water and magnificent scenery. I would definitely like to visit there again! Our last port of call was Bermuda. We visited Bermuda on a Sunday so the island was basically shut down because no one works on Sunday. We went to beautiful Horseshoe Bay. Lots of great picture taking scenery and beautiful water. After that, it was a day on the ship back to Brooklyn. Extremely depressing being back, but we had a wonderful time. If you have never cruised I definitely recommend it with or without children. There is plenty to keep you busy or not, whatever you choose. Check out our pictures!

No comments: