Well considering that Madison and AJ have lived in a townhome for half of their lives neither can ride a bike yet. So, I am determined to have them riding their bikes by June. Wednesday was such a beautiful day and they were both willing to go at it (mind you Madison and I had some screaming matches, well more like Madison screaming at me, in the fall over this bike riding dilemma). So, Jeff put them in the backyard to try riding on their own while I was on a run. I get home and go in the backyard to see AJ hunched in a ball crying and Madison crying with her hands out. AJ could not control his bike and Madison had stuck her hand in dog poop. At the time discouraging, but now hilarious! So, I get out there, get Madison cleaned up and take them both over to the the section of the yard that has a downward slope. AJ goes first and immediately falls, screams, smashes his hands against his helmet and slumps down in the yard. "Drama Queen" was up next. I put her on the seat, she has her feet on the pedals, I push her a bit and then she immediately takes her feet off the pedals. Crash! She screams, AJ screams at her, and I am yelling, "Pick up your bike, walk it up here, lets go again!" The neighbors probably thought I was the bike drill sergeant. So, after about 10 minutes of the above noted situation repeating, finally AJ was getting the hang of it. He got brave and we tried across the street on a flat part of the road. The picture below is what you would have seen minus the lady on the right......

After two falls he gave up, but he will be riding within weeks I am sure.
On to Miss Madison, after AJ decided to throw in the towel, Madison wanted me to walk with her around the block. One hand must be on a handle bar and the other must hold the back of her seat. After my back was about to break we made it home and she had a huge smile on her cute little face. Today I went out and bought these, which AJ refuses to use, after all he is 9:

I will post pictures when we are successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment